502 bad gateway after installation


#1

Hi everyone,

After installation just following instruction on “https://learn.userfrosting.com/installation/environment/homestead”, when I open my test site “userfrosting.test”, I see 502 bad gateway not the “userfrosting page”.

So, I googled and found out https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27173945/homestead-502-bad-gateway-instead-of-whoops-for-php-errors . However it was not for my case.

Any suggestion for this case?

Thanks.


#2

You might want to look at the homestead logs for more details about the specific of this error. Could be anything. But most certainly related to the homestead box.


#3

Hi,

New user here. I just ran into the same problem and it looks like it’s related to PHP 7.3.

Source: https://github.com/laravel/homestead/issues/1031

Everything seems to work if you use PHP 7.2 instead of the default 7.3. Simply add the following line to Homestead.yaml:

sites:
    - map: userfrosting.test
      to: /home/vagrant/userfrosting/public
      php: "7.2"

Since UserFrosting will run on PHP 5.6 or higher it should work as a temporary fix at least, unless you need 7.3 for any other part of your website.

Hope this helps!


#4

Weird. I used Homestead with PHP 7.3 before and everything was fine…


#5

Too busy to study userfrosting!!
Anyway, I check nginx error log file userfrosting.test-error.log in /var/log/nginx.

2019/01/31 06:05:17 [error] 845#845: *3 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.181.1, server: userfrosting.test, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:”, host: “userfrosting.test”

I’m still struggling with vagrant settings.

Thanks.


#6

Hi Tom.

It works with php: “7.2” parameter.

When I just put the parameter in already built environment, it still gets the same error.

I deleted all the settings and vagrant and reinstalled from the first step but with php: “7.2” parameter in Homestead.yaml. After installation, I see the userfrosting screen on my browser.

Thanks a lot.


#7

Had the same error and added the php: “7.2” param to Homestead.yaml and it worked like a charm. You just have to remember to re-provision the vagrant instance so it loads the .yaml file again.

Use : vagrant reload --provision