Docker Example Fails with RuntimeError

I went through the steps to fire up an example using Docker (https://learn.userfrosting.com/installation/environment/docker) and everything is good (after replacing bash with sh in a few commands) until I try to view the page at localhost:8591 in my browser …

Twig \ Error \ RuntimeError
An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("No file could be resolved for the stream path 'assets://vendor/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.css'.").

Any advice on how to resolve this one? Thanks in advance.

PS – I’m rebuilding my UserFrosting development environment from scratch and thought I would give the example Docker approach a try.

Have you checked whether the assets have been installed? Maybe you still need to run php bakery bake or php bakery build-assets?

Thanks for the ideas. Here is what happens when I try these (running a clean Ubuntu18 virtual box instance) …

docker exec -it -u www-data userfrosting_php_1 sh -c 'php bakery bake'

gives …

[ERROR] UserFrosting requires Node version v10.12.0 or above. Check the documentation for more details.

And …

docker exec -it -u www-data userfrosting_php_1 sh -c 'php bakery build-assets'

gives …

[ERROR] UserFrosting requires Node version v10.12.0 or above. Check the documentation for more details.

The script (fixed bash to be sh) from the documentation page was this …

webadmin@webadmin-VirtualBox:~/project-repos/userfrosting$ cat new.sh 
#!/bin/bash
chmod 777 app/{logs,cache,sessions}
docker-compose build --force-rm --no-cache
docker-compose run composer install --ignore-platform-reqs --no-scripts
docker-compose run node npm install
docker-compose run composer update --ignore-platform-reqs --no-scripts
docker-compose up -d
echo -n "Enter Docker Container Name --> "
read docker_container
docker exec -it -u www-data $docker_container sh -c 'php bakery migrate'
docker exec -it -u www-data $docker_container sh -c 'php bakery create-admin'

I noticed that the node service is not running. It exits right away with “userfrosting_node_1 exited with code 0”

Is anyone able to fire up the docker stack as described in the documentation?